Saturday, November 21, 2009

Update on Carson

Okay I have been a bad blogger!  But I am going to be better I promise!  Now for an update on Carson...I guess it has been about 2 months since I have posted and we have been having lots of fun during that time!  

Carson had his first Halloween...he was a pumpkin!  The cutest pumpkin ever in my opinion.  The downside of his first Halloween was that he was sick with a cold which turned into his first ear infection...not fun!  So we just hung around the house on Halloween and handed out candy.  

He had his 9 month doctor appointment and he weighed 16 lbs. 5 ozs. which is still the 3rd to 5th percentile...but he is healthy and happy and that's all that matters!  We got the go ahead to start him on table foods and the doctor says he has free reign on fat/calories for the next 4 years!  Wish I could say the same for myself!!  We are still nursing and he doesn't seem like he is going to stop anytime soon.  My goal is to make it to 1 year and I think we are well on our way!  I am proud of myself for sticking with it for this long...it has been hard at times!

Carson is now 10.5 months old and is all over the place and into everything!!  He is not walking yet but is cruising the furniture and can stand on his own for a few seconds.  He is such a fast crawler that I think he is going to be content doing that for awhile!  He has been saying "bye bye" while waving his arm at times and also will say "mama" although I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what either of them means.  He is sleeping better but still not sleeping through the night...we will get there someday, I hope!  Justin is being a stay at home dad for now while he is looking for another job.  It has been hard at times financially but is definitely a blessing that Carson gets to have his Daddy at home with him.  Thanksgiving is coming up and we are looking forward to spending time with family and eating lots of yummy food.  I am also looking forward to a few days off!  Before we know it, it will be Christmas!  I am looking forward to taking Carson to meet Santa and enjoying our first Christmas together!  

I have been finding myself thinking back to this time last year a lot.  I think I will be doing a lot of that in the upcoming weeks leading up to Carson's 1st birthday on January 7th.  I remember last year I enjoyed eating a LOT during Thanksgiving and also feeling so thankful for a healthy pregnancy and baby.  I had both of my baby showers the first week of December which were a lot of fun!  

On Dec. 17th, I went for my dr. appt. and my blood pressure was very high.  I only had 2 days left before Christmas break and begged my dr. to let me work.  She agreed that I could work a half day the next day to wrap things up but that I had to come back to her office the next afternoon to get my BP checked again.  Well, I went to work and then headed to the dr. and it was still high so I was officially put on bedrest until further notice and had to go to the dr. 2 times per week for ultrasounds.  I was really upset about all of this as I was only 34 weeks at this time.  I missed my class Christmas party and also was not prepared to have another teacher take over my class because I had planned on being able to come back after the break!  I spent my Christmas on the couch and was not able to do any Christmas shopping.  It was definitely a Christmas I will never forget!  I was feeling very worried about the baby and if my blood pressure was hurting him or her (we waited to find out the gender!).  My blood pressure remained somewhat high and all of my ultrasounds looked good so I just continued on bedrest after Christmas.  

New Year's Eve rolled around and I had a dr. appt. that day.  We were planning on having Justin's brother and his family over that night to hang out since we couldn't go anywhere.  Well, at the dr. appt. they did an ultrasound which revealed that the baby had not grown at all in over a week and was measuring small.  My dr. was very concerned about this and sent me over to the hospital right away.  I was referred to a specialist and he decided that I needed to stay in the hospital for closer monitoring.  So we spent our New Year's Eve (a Wednesday) and New Year's Day in the hospital and they decided that I would stay until they would induce me at 37 weeks which would be January 7th (the following Wednesday)!  I was so worried about the baby and also the fact that my house was not ready for the baby either!  So my holiday season last year was definitely different and I am looking forward to enjoying it much more this year!!  More to come on Carson's delivery and birthday on another post!  And now for some updated pictures of Carson!




1 comment:

  1. I wish I could see him say bye bye... start posting videos..please, for me!

    ReplyDelete